Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Alas Poor Fiat

 


It's a sad, sad day on the farm. My Fiat X1/9, that I've had for the last fourteen years and driven the length and breadth of the country, has failed it's MOT. Not just a little bit failed - no handbrake adjustment and off we go this time. Welding is involved.

Or, it would be involved if I could justify it. With two kids, a wife and pickup truck to support, the Fiat was a bit of a guilty pleasure. With 103,000 miles on the clock and nearing it's 20th birthday it owes me nothing and now that I'm facing a big bill to keep it going, it's time to send it on it's way.

So, if anyone wants a winter project and a fun little runaround that is a joy to drive and still suprisingly practical, make me an offer and it's yours. There will be no messing around waiting for over-optimistic values. The best offer I get by September 9th will get the car.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: