Friday, February 03, 2012

We aint'nt dead

It's true this blog has been very quiet. Looking around, this seems very common - there's a point in many self-builds where the mountain of things to worry about overwhelms our ability to string coherent sentences together.

At that point, ask an average self-builder how it's going and you'll see them pull a strange face - half optimistic, half rabbit-in-the-headlights scared - and they'll reel off a string of words that have no meaning: "shedding membrane", "incompatible levels", "re-order the cladding", "cistern frames won't fit".. mutter, mutter, mutter.

So the blog grinds to a halt.

Rest assured though that we're still here, the house is in fine shape and even if we've not been talking about it, we have taken a lot of photos. Coherent thought is returning, and I hope to put together some posts on windows, the joys of wiring, the horror of plumbing and which gizmos actually work in a home.

5 comments:

chandler home security systems said...

Nice building. Perfect for its usage.

Keir said...

"My mate'll be kicking himself though - he put the brass plaque on Reality Checkpoint years ago, but some vandals nicked it."

Why will I be kicking myself? I couldn't watch the documentary as I now live in Finland.

Casanova The Great said...

Hi there, been watching you via Youtube for years! I was actually interested in the Bio diesel heater you were using and if it worked in the end?

As the owner of www.homebrewpower.co.uk and living in Lincolnshire I would love to come and see the progress some time. It would be nice to write up an article on your self build..

You can find my email via my website, please do get in touch once you have taken a look around what I do.

Andy Mahoney

ogden security systems said...

Don't compromise any quality. It is for your own safety.

gravel hauling kansas city mo said...

These buildings shows the professionalism of its contractors.